October 8, 2019, the Chinese and American Film Festival (CAFF) and the Chinese American Television Festival (CATF), organized by EDI Media Inc., held its Press Release Conference to announce the upcoming 15th Chinese American Film Festival and Chinese American Television Festival at EDI Cultural Center. Along released were the festival schedules. The press release was attended by many Chinese and American filmmaker and television artists, government officials, scholars and researchers, community leaders and business representatives as well as committee members of the Festivals.
Those who expressed congratulations and delivered short remarks at the conference included:
Mr. James Su, Chairman of CAFF and CATF, President of EDI Media Inc.
Mrs. Jin Wang, Cultural Consul at Chinese Consulate General in Los Angeles,
Hu Hui Ling, Co-chair of CAFF and CATF,
Hon. Michael Antonowich, former Supervisor of LA County,
Rob Minkoff, a well renowned director of Hollywood who is also a member of the organizing committee of CAFF and CATF,
Omar Akram, a Grammy Award winner,
Omar Kaczmarczyk, a top distributor of Hollywood,
Peter Rafelson, a Platinum Record Music producer,
Liu Xiaolin, Chairman of American IEA,
George Cheung, a well-known actor,
Li Jing, instructor and director of martial art and Hollywood actress,
Ann Lu, director of Hollywood,
Ellen Eliasoph, President of the Perfect Weixiu Entertainment Group.
Also present were Lloyd Johnson, Mayor of West Covina, Margaret Clark, Mayor of Rosemead, Jerry Velasco, Mayor pro tem of El Monte, Chin Ho Liao, Council Member of San Gabriel, they presented their certificates of congratulations, all with warm wishes that the 15th CAFF and CATF, 2019 becomes landmark successes.
In addition to grand ceremonial activities, from Nov., 3, to Nov., 30, the 15th CAFF and CATF will hold a dozen sub-events including Film and Television Summit, Film and Television Market, Presentation of the Golden Angel Awards and Film and Television Work Showcases excluding more than 200 film screens.
Each year, the Film and Television Market hosts more than 300 participants who exchange and cooperate on the platform. More than 500 outstanding Chinese and American films are being screened with a total number of audiences exceeding 1.3 million. The Organizing Committee will also co-host the Summit Forum and the film and television market with the American Producers Association, the American West Screenwriter Association, China Film Co., Ltd., China Film Overseas Promotion Company, China TV Production Industry Association, and Capital Radio and Television Production Association. At the same time, it continues to co-host the “Microfilm” with China Film Overseas Promotion Company.
As one of the most dynamic sub-vents, the Film and Television Summit, i.e. the Film and Television Market shall commence on Nov., 4th. Both film and television giants from China and the United States will conduct in-depth discussions and exchanges on topics such as US and China film cooperation, new technologies and trends in Chinese and American films, innovations and breakthroughs in Chinese American film and television cooperation. Guests who are scheduled to attend the forum includes:
Elizabeth Dell, Chairman of the International Committee of the American Producers Association,
Maria Lo Orzel, Director of Asia Pacific Affairs, Producer Guild of America
Bob Underwood, Director of International Affairs, Writer Guild of America West
Randy Greenberg, Producer of Megalodon,
Zhao Fang, President of Warner Bros，
Patrick Frater, Director of Variety Asia，
Bruce Cameron and Cathryn Michon, screenwriters of The Mission of a Dog，
Gao Qunyao CEO and founding partner Smart Cinema，
Teng Junjie, Chairman of the Board of Directors, Shanghai Culture Broadcasting and Television Group Co., Ltd.
Prof. Jason E. Squire, University of Southern California Film Academy
When big players get together, the Summit Forum is the most successful. Serving as the “wind vane” in the area of Chinese and American films and Television works, the platform is widely used in filmmaking and marketing.
Submitted so far for the competition of spectacular in the 15th CAFF, 2019 (partially) are:
The Wandering Earth, The Captain, Integrity, The White Storm 2: Drug Lords, The Bravest, Mao Ze Dong 1949, Coward Hero, White Snake, A City Called Macau, Entering the Forbidden City, The Bugle from Gutian, Send Me to the Clouds, the Composer, Dancing Elephant, A Cool Fish, My Best Summer, Liberation, Guilty by Design and The Photographer; Submitted so far for the competition of television works and TV Shows (partially) are: The Legend of Hao Lan, The Golden Eye, The Thunder, Love and Destiny, The Legendary Tavern, Novoland: Eagle Flag, Summer’s Desire, The Inquiry, Lovely China, Encounter Love, on the Road, Heavenly Sword Dragon Slaying Saber, The Legends, Yong Blood, Another Me, Lover Under the Moon, Amnesty in 1959, Spy Hunter, Anti-Terrorist Special forces The Wolf, The Legend of the White Snake, Year after Year, Never Say Goodbye, Crocodile and Toothpic Bird, Idol Producer, Idol Hits, I Actor, Hot Blood Dance Crew, The Rap of China, The Chinese Youth, I’m CZR and Go Top Hero.
China’s State Administration of Radio, Film and Television, Producers Guild of America, Writers Guild of America West, Warner Bros., Disney, Sony, Fox, Universal Pictures, Paramount Pictures, IMAX, etc. sent congratulatory letters to nearly 200 film stars and directors. Many well-known actors and actresses sent their video blessings and/or personal greetings to 15th birthday of the Chinese American Film Festival and Chinese American Television Festival.
The major events of the 15th Chinese American Film Festival and Chinese American Television Festival, 2019 include:
November 3rd, Chinese American Film Festival and Chinese American Television Festival Welcome Banquet;
November 4th, Chinese American Film Festival and Chinese American Television Festival Summit and Film & TV Market;
November 5th, Chinese American Film Festival and Chinese American Television Festival Opening Ceremony and “Golden Angel” Award Ceremony;
November 6th, Chinese American Film Festival and Chinese American Television Festival Showcase;
November 7th – November 30th, Chinese American Film Festival and Chinese American Television Festival Screenings.
As partner of the 15th Chinese American Film Festival and Chinese American Television Festival, the Smart Cinema and the Chinese American Film Festival Organizing Committee jointly launched the unit of “Chinese American Film Festival Online Screening”. Many outstanding Chinese films will be screened through the cinema’s mobile app, meeting the North American audiences for the first time. The Smart Cinema is an innovative attempt in the field of film screening. Its emergence breaks the boundaries of time and space, making every mobile phone a projector.
Some of the film and television production teams attended the conference. They expressed their gratitude to the Chinese American Film Festival and Chinese American Television Festival. They are looking forward to engaging themselves in the exchange with other teams at this year’s event.
Julia Chen, First Vice President of Huamei Bank, the Honorary Sponsor of the 15th Chinese American Film Festival in 2019 and Chi Zhihang, vice president and general manager of the North America region of China International Airlines, the designated airline, attended the conference with other sponsor representatives and with their blessings.
Top Ten Exclusive Features of the 15th Chinese American Film Festival and Chinese American Television Festival, 2019:
1. The only Chinese American film and television annual event in the industry jointly supported by China National Film Bureau, the State Administration of Radio, Film and Television, Chinese Embassy and Consulate in the United States, China Film Corporation, China Film Overseas Promotion Company, Film Channel, and Wide Film Alliance, China’s TV drama production industry, the Capital Radio and Television Programs Operation Association, Producer Guild of America, Writers Guild of America West, the Variety Magazine and many other industry authorities have participated in the form of becoming a co-organizer;
2. The only national project to be the first Chinese-American film and television exchange listed as high-level cultural exchanges between China and the United States;
3. The only Chinese and American film and television exchange event that has received the congratulatory letters from two presidencies in a row of the United States;
4. The only Chinese American film and television exchange event that has the honor of having the month of November named “Chinese American Film Festival Month” by the Los Angeles County Government;
5. The only Chinese American film and television exchange event that has the honor of having the opening ceremony day named “Chinese American Film Festival Day” by the Los Angeles City Government;
6. The only Chinese American film and television exchange event broadcasted by Beijing Satellite TV, Dragon TV and Film Channel throughout China, and Iqiyi Network;
7. The only Chinese-American film and television exchange event that has been recorded on the US Congressional Annual Report in text form;
8. The only Chinese American film and television event that has contributed and achieved the success in a number of Chinese American film and television cooperation, and actually participated in the investment;
9. The Festivals’ Golden Angel Award is the only film award most popularly recognized in China as the American movie award;
10. The only Chinese American film and television exchange with activities to persistently promote philanthropy and education; And over the years, have donated many “Chinese and American Film Festival Electronic Libraries” to children in the less fortunate regions in helping them achieving their successes.
Admission to all activities at the 15th Chinese American Film Festival and Chinese American Television Festival, 2019 are by tickets which are available now at www.cafilmfestival.org or please call 626-8563889, Ext 106.